Amenities + Services
Everything you need
Convenient amenities and supportive services provide assurance and comfort. Our staff takes care of mundane tasks and eliminates the hassles of home maintenance, allowing residents to make the most of every day.
Live well in comfortable and beautiful surroundings, from gathering around the outdoor grill or fireplace to simply enjoying the stunning mountain views. Givens Great Laurels residents embrace a new, meaningful sense of confidence thanks to the support they receive.
- Enclosed climate-controlled corridors and common areas
- Resident community room with full kitchen for private events and activities
- Outside gas fireplace with terrace and picnic areas
- Covered gazebo with seating
- Library with computers and internet access
- Fitness center
- Close proximity to shopping, dining, medical care, and local activities
- Quiet location surrounded by spectacular views
- Washer/dryer included in all apartments
- Central heat and air in all apartments
- Non-smoking apartments and grounds
- On-site maintenance and management
- Fire alarm and sprinkler systems throughout the building
- 911 emergency call service
- Water, sewer, and trash service included
- Elevators in building
Givens Great Laurels has a robust list of services that are both convenient and affordable. Aside from our beautiful location, our community’s best assets are the commitment and care residents receive from our dedicated staff.
- Health and wellness programs
- On-site community nurse
- Resident services coordinators
- Grounds and facility maintenance
- Partnership with Manna Food Bank
Navigating the complexities of healthcare can be a challenge. Our Resident Services Coordinators and Community Nurse provide a supportive environment that offers greater peace of mind for our residents and their families.
Resident Services Coordinators
As part of Givens Life Ministries, our Resident Services Coordinators connect residents with the support and services they need to help maintain their independence, promote community engagement, and reduce the need for higher levels of care. Coordinators confidentially advocate for residents on various matters, including
- Advocate on behalf of residents
- Conduct non-clinical assessments for wellness and social needs
- Empower residents to be as independent as possible
- Help residents identify, access, and coordinate services to meet their needs, such as transportation, home health, and advanced directives.
- Facilitate programming to help residents overcome social isolation
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Arrange speakers and programs to provide health and wellness education
- Support resident organized events or programs
- Coordinate food distributions and oversee the food pantry
- Financial advocacy such as helping residents understand bills, locating discounted services, assistance applying for programs such as Medicaid, Medicare plans, SNAP, and LIEAP.
As a part of Givens Lifeministries, our Community Nurse assists residents with wellness education, chronic care management, guidance in making informed care decisions, and general support in choosing the appropriate level of healthcare services. The Community Nurse helps residents stay healthy and independent by simplifying healthcare experiences.
- Guide to understanding and managing a current health condition
- Assistance in creating a personal wellness plan
- Facilitate communication with health providers
- Preparation for surgery or medical procedure
- Home visit after an outpatient procedure or hospital discharge
- Nutrition education and dietary assistance
- Support with making end-of-life care decisions
- Help in accessing medical equipment loans
- Coordinate with Resident Services Coordinator to access outside community resources